Membership to The Alliance for Citizen Directed Supports will include:
- All people who are directing their own services (or who want to self-direct);
- Family Members who support person-directed, family centered and fully inclusive service models;
- Service Organizations that offer individualized services and supports (no congregate or segregated services) and those with an endorsed commitment to transforming to this model;
- Organizations that support the shift away from congregate service models and toward models that are individualized, flexible and person-, family-driven. These organizations include: microboards, support/resource coordination organizations, financial management service organizations, managed care organizations, advocacy organizations, agency co-ops, and others.
- Everyone else who advocates for or has a commitment to citizen directed supports.
Various types and levels of membership will be available to assure that membership is affordable to all.
Access to people and organizations leading person-directed services;
- Clearinghouse for information on how to provide, seek and accept services that are directed by people and their families;
- Opportunities to discuss new ideas in self-direction, organizational transformation and disability supports;
- Webinars and interactive forums for sharing information on topics of interest and importance to people with disabilities, family members and agencies offering person directed supports;
- Social media connections and information sharing;
- Networking opportunities in your local communities as well as nationally and internationally;
- Safe forum for expressing ideas, concerns and for problem solving;
- Opportunities to post and access stories that convey the importance and success of individualized, self-directed support and counter the renewed push for congregate and segregated services; and,
- Conferences and workshops.
Membership benefits will be developed with input from members to determine those in which there is the most interest.